Thursday, October 25, 2012

Snow, Snow, Snow, SNOW!

 Yes, I have been singing the song from White Christmas in my head ALL day! :)
 Little AZ girls in their first ever (well, at college) snow fall--we were dying! It was so fun! And it hurt. But it was great! Oh, and in case you were wondering, it looked like Dippin' Dots. But no worries--we recorded ourselves. :) 
The wind was blowing the snow into our eyes. But it was SO pretty!

And to make today even greater--I got back an essay that I was SO stressed about for a long time (each little part that we turned in, I did TERRIBLE on, so I was REALLY nervous about the grade) AND I GOT A 47/50! :) :) :) :) :) :)
 
Oh, and then I went to the American Heritage lab to retake a quiz--that's a story all in itself--lets just say, don't try and balance a book on your lap top, and turn pages in another book, because your online quiz will be entered with only one of the 5 questions answered, and no way to go back--but anyway, I talked to the guy at the front desk, then looked at his name and saw his last name was "Gunnell".  Well, that's not really a common last name, and just in case you didn't already know this. I am an awkward person. So, here is our conversation:
Me: So, your last name is Gunnell.
Boy: {awkwardly looks at me like..okay where are you going with this?} yeah??
Me: That's awesome. That's my mom's maiden name! Who are your grandparents?
Boy: {still giving me the awkward look} Uhhh..I'm from Arizona.....
Me: Me too! That's cool!
Boy: {silence...probably thinking..who is this freak?!}
Me: My Grandpa is Darwin.....
Boy: Oh! Wait, what, really? Who are your parents?!
Me: My mom is Kay, what about you?
Boy: Oh! Darwin is my Great Grandpa. That's cool!
Me: So, who is your dad?
Boy: Brent, and that's my Grandpa too.
Me: Awesome! Well, good to meet you!
and with that I left.
 
Only at BYU, and in a big Mormon family do you meet someone who happens to be your second? cousin who you've never met before in your life. haha
 
Today is a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment