Monday, October 22, 2012

One Red Paper Clip

Ever wonder what one red paper clip is worth?
 
I'll tell you--I for sure hadn't til I read this book: 
 
(It's an assigned reading for a class I'm taking this semester--I haven't finished it, but I have started it. :) I know, I'm a procrastinator..sue me.)
 
Anyway, This guy, Kyle MacDonald decided to see what one red paper clip was worth. So he put it on Craigslist, and started trading it.  He traded 14 times and ended up with a house. Mind you. HE SPENT NO MONEY!
 
So, my professor decided that this is now a REQUIRED group assignment. Exxcept we have to start with a rock.
 
We have 10 days to trade it until we get the greatest value we can, and then we have to "turn in" our final record sheet, and decide what to do with the product/the money.
 
Sounds cool right? WELL..only problem, we're in groups of 4-6 people. I know 3 people in my class. And {THANKFULLY} one of them allowed me to join his group!  But there are also a lot of random rules: For example, everyone MUST be present for EVERY exchange...
 
The winners last year got like $5,000 or something crazy like that. One other group kept working after the project, ended up getting a house, sold it, and it paid for all four of their 4 year degrees at BYU! CRAZY!
 
So, let the trading begin!
 
What would YOU trade for an 8 oz rock?!

No comments:

Post a Comment