Thursday, August 30, 2012

Wake Up Sleepy Head!

Well, here's the story of the day!
Please, feel free to laugh at me. Trust me, I've already laughed at myself. :)
We eat in a place called the Cannon Center. It is really close to my building--like right across the parking lot, which is great! So, I have early classes. M/W/F 8 am, T/Th 9 am. Anyway, you get the idea, I go to breakfast early, and I am a teenager, so I am ALWAYS tired. MWF with Sarah, T/TH with Hanna, (sometimes with a combination of the two, depending on how much they really wanna wake up early and go eat) And thankfully, especially today, not many people are there that early! SO. Here we go.
I got my food. Oatmeal, and some fruit, and I popped down a piece of toast, and went to the table to leave the rest of my food. As we were walking and getting food though, we saw a boy in our ward. (he's an awesome kid, and super chill/funny, so it wasn't as terribly life shatteringly embarassing) Anyway, we NEVER sit with boys. NEVER. We avoid boys here like the plague. Well, I guess a better way to put it is boys avoid ME like the plague! :) ANYWAY. Sorry. So, boy asks Hanna if he can sit with us, and he is all alone, so she says "of course!" and then walks up to me and says, "boy is sitting with us today". So I said alright, why not? it's a good way to warm up to eating meals with guys! haha So, I walk back over to get my toast, and bring it back to the table. And here's where it all begins.
I put the toast on the table, and pulled my chair out, preparing to sit down and enjoy my meal. Little did I know my chair looked about like this.....
Only difference being that the other people had no idea it looked like that either. Anyway, attempt to sit down, and, well, when you try and sit on a broken lge, what happens? The chair comes a-tumblin' down. But this time, with me in it. I tried to stay standing, putting lots of my weight on the side of the chair that was now facing up, and I almost made it, but at the last second, I'm not really sure what happened, but I ended up on the floor. My leg is a little scraped up, and my bum a little bruised because of all the pressure I was putting on the stupid chair trying not to fall. Anyway, I just laid on the ground, and laughed. and laguhed and laughed and laughed, because, what else can you do?!
Finally Hanna got me a new chair, and I got to sit and eat my food. But let me tell ya, I was definitely WIDE awake after that incident!
Maybe THIS better describes why I don't get asked out on dates very regularly! :) Just kidding. But really, gotta learn to love life for everyting it hands you, even the most embarassing moments!! Happy Thursday everyone! :) Take time to laugh! Laugh at anything and everything, including yourself! :)
Ps, on a total side note, BYU opening football game is TONIGHT!! :) And it's going to be on ESPN! :) GO COUGS!

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha. Love it. Everyone needs one really good/embarrassing story when the first start college. Now you can ease up, laugh at yourself, and move on! :) I hope you enjoyed the football game!

    ReplyDelete