Saturday, August 25, 2012

First few days in the 84604

Welp, I'm here!
Freshman class entering 2012

BEAUTIFUL view! beautiful weather!

First birthday in the dorms! :) Happy birthday Sarah!
Most delicious ice cream I've had in a long time! Grahm cracker ice cream with chunks of chocolate covered grahm crackers!
Goals writen after being in N.S.O. for WAY too long!
My bed on the first day here! Many more pics up now! :) I have to jump to get up though!
My desk. It's a lot more full of pictures now! :)
It's been a crazy few days, and it's going to take a lot to get into the feel of things. It's been really stressful and emotional--and my face will show that. (I broke out like a little 12 year old going through puberty for the first time...pretty embarassing, especially when meeting ALL new people). The last few weeks of being home were NOT filled with restful sleep. It seemed like I was always just plain nervous. There have been lots of tears, but you know what? I'm learning to love NOW. You always hear "just take it a day at a time", and honestly, that is what I have to do!
Classes start on Monday, and I'm really nervous about getting lost on campus, but it's amazing how friendly everyone is, and how willing they are to help! It makes me feel a little more at home! :)
I went running this morning at the Smith Fieldhouse (indoor track) and it helped me soooo much to clear my mind, and to feel ready to take on the world today! There's a HUGE freshman dance tonight.......ohhhhh boyyyy! haha
Anyway, life's starting to feel a little better, It's fun being on my own, but it's made me SO appreciative for my mom, for my home, for AZ! For everything that is back at home that I don't have right now! I miss home a lot, but {hopefully} this will soon feel like home!
Have a great day! Breathe. Look Up. Stay Strong. and Carry On!

3 comments:

  1. you're awesome emma! :) you've got this. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love ya Emma! We are all routing for you at home! It takes a little while to get comfortable, you will get there and LOVE IT!! Thinking of you, Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Angie! :) And Brooke!! It's slowly starting to feel a little more comfortable! :)

    ReplyDelete