Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A {week} in the Life?

I feel like I go for weeks without posting....
oh wait, I do.
 
 
Sorry I'm MIA.  Life is CRAZY.
 
 
I've been working, and studying, and trying to feel like I'm doing the whole "college" thing right.  It's super stressful when you really think about it!  But I'm still loving it. 
 
I got called as ward choir director, and held the first choir practice.  There were about 20 people that showed! I was suuuper excited about that!  And, guys, they sounded amazing.  Like seriously, I HAD MAJOR CHILLS the ENTIRE time.  So amazing.
 
Here's a low down of the days of my week, just for fun.
 
Sunday's are GREAT.  We have 9:30 am church.  On the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month, I have ward counsel at 8.  So stinking early!  But it's great.  I love being a part of it.  Then after church, I have choir practice.  (the timing of that one is still being figured out).  Then it's usually time for a nap, or dinner prep, depending on if it is my week for food or not.  We have a roomie dinner every week, and we usually have extra guests join us as well.  It's super fun, and I love getting to spend time with my roommates! Then we have ward prayer, and we usually end up staying up far to late doing a whole bunch of nothing.   
 
 
Monday's are my favorite, wanna know why? Because Monday's are P-Day's, and all my friends are on missions.  My inbox is FULL every Monday, and I feel so loved. :) Monday's are also great, because the testing center doesn't even open until 10, so I don't have to be there til 9:25 (normal days I have to be there at 7:40)  Oh I love the extra time to sleep.  Also, I get off work at 12, and don't have class til 2, and I only have one class on Monday.  Seriously, I SCORED big time there. 
 
Tuesday's are a little rough, but I really enjoy my classes.
 
Wednesday's, well, let me just say, I will NEVER be taking a class from 5-7:30 pm ever again.  I thought I would be okay, because senior year I had English at MCC from 7:10-9:50, and then last year I had Public Speaking from 4-6:30.  So 5-7:30 shouldn't be too bad, right?  WRONG.  It's soooo hard to stay awake and focused in that class.  But my professor is from Australia and so that makes it all better.
 
My Thursday's are exactly like my Tuesday's!  (THE ONLY REPEAT DAY)  Except, that Thursday nights I get to catch up on my Hulu watching. That may or may not be a highlight of my week.
 
Friday's are great. I have work from 7:40-12 and then I'm DONE for the day! I try to get homework done, but, lets be real, I've usually stayed up far too late the night before, and end up crashing on my computer/books/whatever I'm attempting to get done.  But I LOVE Friday's.  I really love Friday in the fall though.  I just love that happy feeling.  Agh! I JUST LOVE IT!
 
Saturday's are lazy days.  We (sometimes) do laundry, usually grocery shop, and laze around.  It's super great.
 
 
 
Then we have to throw in any sporting even that we feel like going to (which is usually the majority of them), and extra study sessions, reviews, etc.  And two of my roommates and I are doing Insanity the workout video.  We are on week 3 right now, and are doing so well!  I'm always SO exhausted, before, during, and after.  But I feel so much better when I'm working out and making sure that I'm not just gaining unnecessary weight.  It's super great.
 
 
Anyway, College life is stressful.  But college life is also fun and exciting and great.  I've learned so much academically, spiritually, and so much about myself the last few weeks.  Here's hoping (and praying) for a great rest of the semester!
 
#gocougs 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am glad you are having fun up there! :) Mondays really are the best days ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always have a busy, full life....but sounds like you're enjoying every single minute of it!! Have fun!! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete