Friday, January 18, 2013

Missionaries, Missionaries EVERYWHERE! :)

I've successfully made it through the first two weeks of winter semester! And it has been GREAT!
 
My awesome FHE family shrunk, which was super sad, but, seriously, I don't know how I got so lucky to get that calling! I love those kids! {it is a HARD calling...but, it is SO worth it!}
 
I literally feel the pride of a mother {okay, I know I don't really know what that feels like, but I'm pretty sure it's close to it} when I hear about their successes, and I really want to do anything to help them continue to make right choices, and be prepared for all that lies ahead of them!
 
This weekend, two of my "sons" got their mission calls!
During break, one of my "daughters"/my awesome roommate (who may or may not have left me alone...) got her mission call, and soon--within a few weeks, another "daughter" will get her call!
I AM SO PROUD OF THEM! 
 
Tiff the stiff (she told me to call her that, I'm not just a jerk. haha) is the greatest girl ever.  She cares about everyone.  She takes time to get to know people on a personal level.  She goes out of her way to make people happy.  She rocks Spiderman.  She also rocks Fiona's (from A Cinderella Story) voice.  :) She knows just what to say to get me going, and we had many a night where we just laughed. About anything and everything!  Tiff got her call to Motevideo, Uruguay leaving April 10! Now she'll know Spanish and we won't have any more of our crazy sit on google translator nights. :)  
 
Karch, my "golden child" as he called himself, left my family at semester to move in with some friends, but, regardless of that, he's still an awesome kid!  He is a typical California boy--tall, dark, and handsome! (I can say that because he's my son. haha) And, he's huge--especially compared to my mere 5 feet!  He's always out having fun and meeting new people, but he is also never too busy to smile and say hi to anyone.  Karch got his mission call to New York, New York North, Spanish speaking, leaving May 29.  Those peopele are going to love Elder Smith!
 
And Hunter, oh Hunter.  He's definitely my wild child. :) He's also the jokester of the family.  That kid shows up to almost every FHE event we have, and comes with his crazy spunky personality.  He can always seem to make me laugh!  Hunter is a big teddy bear from Boston, and I love having him around in the family!  He got his call to Rome, Italy leaving on June 12! How cool is that?! Hooray for Elder Romano! 
 
I am so proud of all these people who heard the prophet, and are now heeding that call!
 
A guy, and a girl in my ward, were both called to London, England South, and will both be leaving May 16.
 
Two guys in my ward were both called to Japan, Kobe leaving May 15.
 
And a few other calls that I heard this weekend up here:
Orlando Florida, Spanish speaking, Korea, Busan, Peru, Cusco, Dominican Republic Santo Domingo West, and somewhere in Russia!
 
It really amazes me when I think about missions, and where everyone gets called, and the realization comes that each call is divinely appointed.  Each call is assigned through inspiration from the Lord.  And wherever you go, whether it be Rome Italy, or Boise Idaho, there is someone who is there, ready to hear the gospel, and because YOU heed the call of the Lord to get out and serve, you get to bless their life, and all of the future generations of thier family. 
 
I'm so grateful for the opportunity I have to be up here, around so many awesome people, meeting new friends, and learning so much.  It really is a blessing to know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is true.  I am so thankful for that knowledge in my life.  It didn't come to me because of a big, cool expeience, but by small experiences, and by the promptings of the holy ghost, and reassurance from my parents and leaders to turn to scriptures and prayer in times of need, which only leads to reassurance from my Heavenly Father.  I know He lives, and loves me.  I know He sent His son, Jesus Christ to this Earth to live with, and bless the lives of everyone, and then to die for our sins, that we might be able to return to live with our Father again, if we only take the time to repent, and keep the commandments.  I know that the atonement is individual.  It was suffered in order that I might have a friend at all times, that I might know that I can always turn to my Savior for guidance, that I can live a normal life, which is full of mistakes, and I can still, through the process of repenting and taking the name of Christ upon myself, return home one day.  I know that families can be sealed together for eternity in the temple, and I am so excited for the day that I get to kneel accross the alter from the love of my life, and make lasting covenants with him, for time and all eternity.  I know that President Monson is our prophet on the Earth today, and that he leads and guides our church through revelation he recieves from the Lord.  I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, and that it was translated by the Lord, through Joseph Smith.  I know that the principles taught in it are true, and that if we study the scriptures, and pray for guidance, and follow the simple commandments laid out for us, that we will be happy in this life, and in the life to come.
 
I love my life, and all of the people in it, and I am thankful for the opportunity I was given to live it.  My life could have been so much different had I not been adopted into my wonderful family.  Had I not made the decision at age eight to be baptized a member of the true and everlasting gospel.  Had I not met the people who I call my friends.  Had I not come to BYU.  Had I not made a lot of choices that I have.  Everything in my life has made me a stronger person so far, and I look forward to getting to learn and grow so much more in the years to come! Have a great weekend!  

No comments:

Post a Comment