Saturday, January 5, 2013

Break Break

**WARNING: LONG POST BELOW, FILLED WITH LOTS OF PICTURES**
Well, I'm back in Provo (or P-Town if you desire).
Break is {basically} officially over. :(
I was seriously SO blessed this break though--I got to be home for almost an entire month, in fact, just six days short of a month, and I loved EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF IT!
 
Why, you may ask? Well, because I got to spend it with all of these lovelies:

Funny story about this picture--So, we always take a silly picture, right? well, seems like every time around Adam, {my nephew standing right next to me} tells me to look at his silly face. So all of our "silly" pictures, are of the side of my head. haha

But anyway, I really love this family of mine, and I am so thankful for it!  We spent lots of time at parties, and singing, playing fun games, eating food {that's what we do best},going to the Nutcracker, going to The Piano Guys, watching Christmas movies, going to Disneyland, riding bikes, having sleep-overs, finding goats, you know, just havin a grand ol' time!

My family is my favorite, that is for dang sure!




I also spent a bit of time with these lovely ladies:






And yes, we did go and conquer Camleback again. That mountain's got NOTHIN on us! :)

I was also blessed to get home just in time to see this handsome young man get set apart to leave for his mission! 

It's still hard to believe that baby Jed is out on a mission, but I'm so proud of him!

I was also blessed to be able to go back to work when I got home!  I work with some of the coolest people ever, and what is better than working at a BAKERY?! I mean, really? Fresh bread smell all day long. YUM. Plus, I love all of our customers, so seriously, I don't see a down side to this at all! I loved being there, and getting to catch up with everyone again, and to let my bank account catch back up as well. :)

We had our traditional Bradshaw Family Christmas party--with all of my Dad's siblings/kids. It's a BIG hullabaloo.  This year we got a DJ and had a huge dance party.  IT was pretty dang fun!

My niece's art work was chosen to be hung in the Gilbert Public Schools office, so my mom and I took a trip to go and see it!  Here she is next to her picture--So proud of you Maya girl!


We got to go see the Piano Guys! They came to Red Mountain High School, and my dad got us tickets!  Holy cow.  PLEASE look them up if you don't know who they are. You won't be sorry! I promise! I'll even give you a link:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePianoGuys?feature=g-subs-c
See. Now you have no excuse. :)

We also got to go see the Nutcracker. But not just any version.  We got to go and see the greatest version ever.  Why, you might be asking yourself? Well, because my amazingly talented, and handsome little brother:

 was in it, along with a number of other children that have special needs.  The cast was a mix of typical children and those wonderful children who are just a little closer to Christ than the rest of us.  It was amazing.  They did such a great job! And I loved seeing how proud the little buddy was of himself! He's one of my biggest role models. That is for sure.

We also, as tradition, went Christmas caroling with the fam. 



One of the greatest parts of Christmas Eve for sure! And then we had the family gift exchange, and Parker had me this year, and boy did I score! He got me perfume! :) Smart boy! {smart mom :)}

My amazingly talented sister Candice made super hero masks for all the little boys, and so they had to take a little picture.  Oh how I love those kids!


My sister, Kelli:

 is amazing, and talented, and beautiful, and kind, and rich {okay, maybe she's not that rich anymore, but that's because she has a beautiful house. :)}, and she is such an amazing example to me as well.  But, this break you could almost say that she was crazy! ;) She invited all 9 of my nieces and nephews (ages 8,8,7,6,6,4,2,2, and 6 months old) over for a sleep over at her place the day after Christmas.  It was a WILD night, but it was SO fun, and I'm glad that she did it, and invited me over to participate in the festivities!  I hope that I can be more like her one day soon!


And last, but not least, my parents took us to Disneyland!  Carter, Kelli, Parker and I got in the car with my parents and drove up to Anaheim on Thursday the 27th, and we made it to our hotel in time to crash for the night.  We got up, and all day Friday went and played at the park!  MY FAVORITE THING EVER!  I LOVE DISNEYLAND. We had a great time, even with the failed 2 and a half hour wait in line for Space Mountain. We learned patience, and got to see some funny people, that's for sure! :) 

But overall, it was a great trip. {especially the churro, and pickle. Must haves at Dland)And we got to see the beach on Saturday while my parents went to a sealing for my cousin in the San Diego temple.  I love the beach too.


I love Arizona, and I love California, and I'm learning to love Utah in all of it's -8 degree, snow, and ice glory!

I'm working hard this year on my new years resolutions.  And I hope that they will help me to be a happier and more outgoing me! Hope everyone had a VERY Merry Christmas and a happy new year as well! Here's to a GREAT 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment