Friday, June 14, 2013

Today is a Gift

Today was a great day.
Why you may ask?
 
Nothing life changing happened.
I didn't get a million dollars.
I didn't meet the man of my dreams.
I didn't overcome the predicament of wanting to eat as much as I want,
and never gain weight.
 
 
In fact, today, I:
 
Sat in an office for 9 hours.
Answered phone calls.
Annoyed a lot of Hispanic people with my lack of ability to sprechen their language...woops.
Filed papers.
Wrote demands.
Sent faxes. And letters. And more faxes. And more letters.
Walked in the 110 degree heat.
Missed a conference call with one of my dear friends to hear her open her mission call.
 
BUT, today, I also:
 
Woke up.
Got out of bed, did my hair, put in my contacts, AND put on make-up.
{those last two things do not happen very often, in case you were wondering}
Got to go to work, in an air conditioned truck.
Ate a cookie at 9 am, just because I wanted to.
Ate another one, or two, or three......for the same reason.
Got to go out to Café Zupas with my dad, and a few other co-workers for lunch.
Got free lunch. :) Thanks Fabio.
Laughed.
Got an email from one of my favorite missionaries.
Responded to another missionary letter--in COMPLETE Spanish.
{Thank you Google Translate}
Pretended to understand español.
{fake it til you make it, right?}
Ate dinner with my parents, and little brother, and an awesome family friend, Lindsay.
Celebrated Flag Day by going around the neighborhood and collecting the flags.
Watched The Lion King with Parker man and Lindsay.
{And sang along, because, what is a Disney movie without singing along?}
Get to go to bed happy, and healthy, in a beautiful home.
{That I don't have to pay for! SCORE.}
 
So, although I am still figuring some things out;
and even though today wasn't life changing;
Today, I was blessed with another day to live.
Today, I was reminded of something that I repeated every single day,
 my senior year of High School
with that amazing man, Mr. Mike Baser.
"I am a MIRACLE, and I can do ANYTHING!"
 
It's a great day to be alive!
 
What are YOU thankful for today?
 


2 comments:

  1. I am so thankful for YOU! You are so wise and such a good example to me!! I need to count my blessings more often, because I have many....thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete