Sunday, April 28, 2013

Fall 2012

Well, my freshman year at BYU has come to a close.
 
I didn't blog as much as I thought I would, but I figured I'd summarize the year real quick so that I could remember it.
 
First semester was rough. But I tried to make the most of it!

Here's a boncha pictures:
Livin' the DORM life with beds that were almost as tall as me!

Freshman class of 2012-2013

BEAUTIFUL campus
Hiked the Y as a ward
My fam came to visit for G.C. weekend
Mal Pal came and stayed with me for a day
Homecoming week at the Cannon! They make HEAVENLY dounuts.
We went to football games!
Fall time!
My FHE family. They kept me on my toes, but Monday nights were always fun and memorable with these crazy kiddos! I miss um' already!
Pippi Longstockings
Halloween at the Cannon
On Halloween Hanna and I had to go to a dance as an assignment for a class, (And we'ren not talkin a typical college dance. We're talkin like doing the waltz, and cha cha, and fox trot. You know, like old school college dance) so we dressed as scary as we could so no one would ask us to dance. It worked.
We had a love-hate relationship with being in a singles ward. Mostly love though. We really were blessed with an AMAZING ward with AWESOME people in it!
Finding stuff to do for free, with no car was a bit difficult at times. So one night we did chalk art in the parking lot
We went to some performances.
Our friends Trent and Ryan came up to visit, and we made them come to American Heritage with us.
 
We ate LOTS, and I mean, LOTS of this cake. YUM.
And just enjoyed the beautiful weather while it lasted--which wasn't long.
Hanna's cousin Carly came to visit and we went to a football game together! Go cougs!
It started snowing in October and didn't stop until April. Ridiculous, right? Yeah...but it was memorable for sure! We also got to experience freezing rain. Never heard of it? I hadn't either. Utah decided to throw it all at us and make it the coldest most miserable winter they'd had in YEARS. But, we tried our best to make it fun!
My roommate Tiff Chin and I decorated our room in November to get us in the mood. It actually might have been October. Either way, we did it early, and took an entire night to do it {instead of studying}. It was super fun!

 Many late nights at Ward Prayer, also known in P-town as "ward stare". We always stayed super late to talk to everyone, and we became super close to our friends in the ward!
My home teacher got his mission call to Phoenix, AZ so all of us AZ girls gave him the low down on the greatest state in the world! :)

Of course, there was LOTS of studying..especially when it came down to finals.....
AND, I got home JUST in time to see this boy get set apart to be a missionary! Love that Elder Helquist!
 
In other news, everyone and their dog got mission calls this year, and has either left already, or they are preparing to leave within the next couple of weeks/months. The church is true, and the gospel is being spread to all the corners of the Earth! I'm thankful for the examples that have been set for me from all my friends and family! I'm so grateful for the opportunity I had to go to BYU. Like I said, I wasn't the most happy/thankful at this point in the year, but now that I've finished the entire year, I look back and already miss it! It was a year full of learning and growing experiences, and I've been SO blessed! I miss it already!
 
Next up, Winter semester 2013!

1 comment: